SINGLE SHOT EXEMPTION
12133. (a) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to a single-action revolver that has at least a 5-cartridge capacity with a barrel length of not less than three inches, and meets any of the following specifications:
- (1) Was originally manufactured prior to 1900 and is a curio or relic, as defined in Section 478.11 of Title 27 of the Code of Federal Regulations.
- (2) Has an overall length measured parallel to the barrel of at least 7 1/2 inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and barrel are assembled.
- (3) Has an overall length measured parallel to the barrel of at least 7 1/2 inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and barrel are assembled and that is currently approved for importation into the United States pursuant to the provisions of paragraph (3) of subsection (d) of Section 925 of Title 18 of the United States Code.
(b) The provisions of this chapter shall not apply to a single-shot pistol with a barrel length of not less than six inches and that has an overall length of at least 10 1/2 inches when the handle, frame or receiver, and barrel are assembled.
Our Sponser : Gunsafereview.net
HOW IT WORKS
- This conversion MUST be done by an 07 FFL, or can be done by a private party (unlikely for them to have the parts) prior to shipping.
- Depending on availability and specific shop policies, you may order from an FFL, transfer from Gunbroker etc, if they are willing to ship into CA and if the CA FFL will take the Firearm WHICH Vakyrie Arms will ACCEPT. Please refer to our services for transfer rates.
- This conversion generally entails a replacement barrel of greater length and a mag lock (not revolvers). There are no permanent modifications to the gun whatsoever.
- Keep in mind that certain guns, due to the nature of demand and or design, will be prohibitively expensive or not readily available to be converted.
- Either complete DROS at that 07 FFL or have it shipped to an FFL who is willing to accept guns in this format. Please make sure that the FFL is willing to ship into CA.
- In most cases, High Capacity Magazines can either be blocked or set aside as parts kits.
- Take possession of the gun after DROS and walk out the door.
- Return the gun to its original configuration or request gun smith from Valkyrie Arms to do so.
Courtesy of CYC WID IT of CALGUNS